Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

Well, it's Mother's Day and I'm missing my Mom terribly. Happy Mother's Day Mom!

Well, it's a happy Mother's Day for Mrs. Cardinal. Her little baby has "flown the coop" so to speak! The nest is missing a baby bird! Little Cardinal Jr. has flown the coop! He was there yesterday evening but gone this morning. Dad and Mom were kind of panicky yesterday while Leon and I were mowing (we were getting to close to Jr.) so they may have encouraged him to move. I think is was big enough to fly, at least I saw it jump up to a higher branch the other day, which surprised me when I got to close. All that was left in the nest this morning was the egg that didn't hatch. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Grand Loop Road - Yellowstone

 We stopped at a beautiful falls and took many photos.  The largest is called Gibbon Falls.